In House Accountant
We are an experienced team of experts specialised in discovering, nurturing and establishing world class, next generation talent. Enabling them to achieve their full potential and fulfil their long term business ambitions.
About MVE Management.
MVE is a creator lead, talent first management company focused on long-term career strategy and business development for our clients and partners. A specially established joint venture between IMG and leading creatives turned entrepreneurs, Joe Sugg and Caspar Lee, MVE exclusively represents some of the world's leading creative and digital talent.
About the role
As part of the company’s deeper expansion into the digital market, MVE is looking for an In House Accountant to join its dynamic London based team. The role is to provide complete Financial Control to the Management company.
This role is part of a growing organization with significant growth potential. The candidate will be a motivated team player with a keen eye for detail and the ability to manage (and complete) multiple tasks, simultaneously, to an exceptional standard.
Location: London, UK.
What we expect from the candidate:
- Assist on the setting up and development of internal systems and controls
- Manage purchase invoices, creditors and payments
- Reconcile bank accounts daily
- Weekly reconciliation and management of client accounts including credit control
- Reviewing bookers purchase orders/job sheets, ensuring that authorisations are in place
- Producing sales invoices and sending for payment to clients
- Updating the central finance management software regularly
- Liaising with clients and credit control
- Weekly payment runs for the UK and US businesses
- Preparation of weekly remittance statements for talent
- Liaising with agents, talent and their day to day queries
- Daily banking and petty cash transaction posting
- Produce monthly P&L reports for the shareholders
- Report weekly commission and cash balance information to the shareholders
- Complete vendor forms on behalf of talent
- Prepare records up to trial balance level from client records using MS Excel and Xero
- Prepare regular management accounts for review
- Liaise with accountants for monthly review & VAT return preparation
- Have a good understanding of VAT rules
- General admin & office duties
- Have previous experience within a similar role
- Good understanding of accountancy software packages and other accounting solutions
- Ability to learn new software and apply knowledge and experience
- Have a good awareness of technology in general
- Competent using MS Office Word and Excel
- Self-motivated and able to apply relevant skills to new scenarios
- Good people and communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure with accuracy and focus
- Demonstrates excellent analytical and research skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Good team member
- Have experience on Monday.com or similar software
What we offer:
- Competitive rewards package and structure.
- A chance to join a forward thinking talent focused business in a fast growing industry.
- An opportunity to learn from an experienced leadership team and to grow into a senior leadership role yourself.